The City of Vancouver has revealed the addresses of eight of the 11 dispensaries to be approved for a business license.
The city’s medical marijuana-related business license process saw 176 applications for licenses from both existing and proposed dispensaries and compassion clubs. Dispensaries were required to operate in zones 300 metres away from schools, community centres and other cannabis based operations.
In late October, the city announced that only 11 dispensaries had met their standards to move forward with an application. Another 30 businesses too close to one another entered into a declustering process to whittle the number in the zone down to one based on a point system. All other dispensaries were given the choice to move to a new location or shut down within six months.
The eight locations to submit development applications are:
- Buddha Barn — 2179 West 4 Avenue
- Wealthshop Social Society — 4545 West 10 Avenue
- B.C. Pain Society — 2894 East Broadway
- MPN Health Society — 1316 Kingsway
- Medical Express — 2768 Kingsway
- Scooter Health Society — 3441 Kingsway
- The Herb Co. Society — 1193 Main Street
- The Healing Centre — 6416 Main Street
The re-zoning to medical marijuana-related businesses is still “conditional” and the city has sent letters to the surrounding neighbourhood looking for feedback by Dec. 24 to be reviewed by the city’s director of planning.