A hangover is not pleasant; usually consisting of headaches, nausea, and grogginess. In this article, we will discuss if cannabis can give you a hangover.
It is true, cannabis can cause feelings of a hangover, but not everyone will experience this, while others may after consuming very little cannabis. A weed induced hangover is nothing compared to a hangover from heavy drinking, but it is still something worth discussing.
Experiencing a hangover from cannabis consumption is dependant upon your tolerance, your frequency of use, and, well, YOU! Everyone is different and will react differently to the plant. So how do you determine if you are suffering from a cannabis hangover?
Common symptoms of a Cannabis Hangover:
- Dry mouth
- Brain fog
These symptoms are manageable and I am sure we have all experienced them to a certain degree. They are not necessarily something to be alarmed about but can deter someone from use if they are frequently experiencing these symptoms.
How to recover:
Recovering from a cannabis hangover is simple, just do some self-care!
- The top cure for this hangover feeling is to sleep it off
- Often a nice shower will leave you feeling refreshed and relieved from the hangover
- Drinking water always helps
- Perhaps you have an empty stomach and need some nutritious food to fuel your body and feel better
- If you are sluggish and have no time to sleep, drink a caffeinated beverage such as coffee or tea
- Pain reliever
- If for some reason you are really hurting, try a pain reliever (last resort)
These steps to recovery should have you feeling good as new in just a few hours. Remember, a cannabis hangover is different for everyone, so just try a few different things from the list to see what works best for you!
Have you ever experienced a bad cannabis hangover? What did you do to feel better? Let us know in the comments below. Follow @cannalifenet for more cannabis content.