Oh, trivia…such fun isn’t it? Who doesn’t enjoy a good game? It’s a great way to learn some random facts and get credit for the ones you already know. Without being said, let’s get to it!
This is a cannabis trivia crossword puzzle. The questions come from categories such as history, culture, law and science. You’ll find all the answers at the bottom of the page, along with critical details and further context. Get stoned, have fun, and good luck.
It’s time to play a cannabis trivia crossword puzzle! To answer the first question, look at the gif below.
1. Look at the gif of American Sign Language above. What word is being signed?
2. Bob BLANK was buried with a Bible, guitar and cannabis.
3. Betsy Ross made the first US BLANK and she created it out of hemp.
4. In the movie “Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle”, the characters Goldstein and Rosenberg were included to pay homage to the famous Shakespeare play, BLANK.
5. The video for Afroman's 'Because I got high' features two classic movie characters, Jay and BLANK Bob.
6. In 2013, BLANK was the first country to fully legalize growing, consuming, and selling cannabis.
7. In the video for their song 'Smoke the BLANK', band Motley Crue used clips from the cult film Reefer Madness.
8. Before Thomas Forcade founded BLANK Times Magazine, his previous occupation was trafficking drugs.
9. It turns out that beer and bud have some compounds in common. BLANKS humulus lupulus and cannabis are both members of the Cannabaceae family
10. What was the first US state to legalize medical cannabis?
Thomas Forcade was an American Journalist and cannabis activist until he died at the age of thirty-three in 1978. He is the founder of High Times Magazine but early in life, he had other plans. After graduating from the Business Administration Program at the University of Utah, Thomas joined the United States Air Force but was discharged a few months later.
A bright young man, he used his newly learned aviation skills to fly across the border and traffic drugs. Regularly flying to Columbia and Mexico, he used the money made to start a hippie commune and an underground magazine, ‘Orpheus’. After that, he moved to New York City and found High Times Magazine.
Elizabeth Griscom Ross or as she was fondly known as ‘Betsy’, was an American upholsterer credited with making the first US flag. She made the flag on May 29th, 1777, using hemp fabric.
Law & Science
In 2013, Uruguay was the first country to fully legalize growing, consuming, and selling cannabis.
It turns out that beer and bud have some compounds in common. Hops (humulus lupulus) and cannabis are both members of the Cannabaceae family. Both contain terpenes and terpenoids, but hops lack the enzyme that converts cannabigerolic acid to THC or CBD.