The City of Vancouver has approved two more medical cannabis dispensaries to proceed to the next stage of their business licensing process, bringing the total number of dispensaries moving forward to 16, out of an initial 176 applications.
Both locations, Westcoast Medicann Society (3150 Cambie Street) and Medicinal Express (8061 Fraser Street), note in their operational letters that they plan to move into the new address listed from other operations.
This may signal a new round of approvals from the city that represent applications which were previously rejected for distance requirements not being met and resubmitted in a new location.
Westcoast’s letter states that the business is currently operating nearby, at 2931 Cambie, but plans to move to satisfy city requirements where “a boutique style compassion club will be designed.”
All documents on the city’s website have contact names redacted.
“My goal is to help people obtain marijuana in a safe environment and not in the public’s eye,” reads the operational letter from Medicinal Express. “We are taking every step in the right direction to work with the city of Vancouver on establishing a safe friendly and community orientated environment on this idea.”
This is the second Medicinal Express location approved by the city.
With the new operations, the updated list is below.
- 1357 East 41st Avenue — Stressed and Depressed Association
- 1404 East 57th Avenue — The Green Room Society
- 2181 West 4th Avenue — The Buddha Barn
- 511 West 7th Avenue — Apple Health Society (Eden Medicinal)
- 4545 West 10th Avenue — Wealthshop Social Society
- 3615 West 17 Ave — Apollo Medical Society
- 2894 East Broadway — BC Pain Society
- 3150 Cambie Street — Westcoast Medicann Society
- 1501 Commercial Drive — EVO Medi Society
- 8061 Fraser Street — Medicinal Express
- 1308 Kingsway — MPN Health Society
- 2768 Kingsway — Medicinal Express
- 3441 Kingsway — Scooter Health Society (Eden Medicinal)
- 1189 Main Street — The Herb Co.
- 6416 Main Street — The Healing Centre
- 1605 Renfrew Street — Urban Earth Med Society