A Nanaimo Street dispensary is the latest to move forward in the City of Vancouver‘s business license application process, bringing the total number of applications at the second stage of the process to 17.
The new location is the second Herb Co. operation approved by the city, with another application from the chain at 1189 Main Street.
“The Herb Co.’s goal is to assist with the learning of and gaining access to medical marijuana and other alternative medicines, leveraging our members to holistic lifestyle practices,” reads a statement from the business in its operational letter to city officials.
“The dispensary provides safe access to cannabis for its qualified members suffering from various health conditions.”
176 applications were received by the city, the vast majority of which were rejected due to violations of city bylaws that require medical marijuana related operations be located 300 metres away from schools, community centres and other dispensaries.
With the new operation, the updated list is below.
- 1357 East 41st Avenue — Stressed and Depressed Association
- 1404 East 57th Avenue — The Green Room Society
- 2181 West 4th Avenue — The Buddha Barn
- 511 West 7th Avenue — Apple Health Society (Eden Medicinal)
- 4545 West 10th Avenue — Wealthshop Social Society
- 3615 West 17 Ave — Apollo Medical Society
- 2894 East Broadway — BC Pain Society
- 3150 Cambie Street — Westcoast Medicann Society
- 1501 Commercial Drive — EVO Medi Society
- 8061 Fraser Street — Medicinal Express
- 1308 Kingsway — MPN Health Society
- 2768 Kingsway — Medicinal Express
- 3441 Kingsway — Scooter Health Society (Eden Medicinal)
- 1189 Main Street — The Herb Co.
- 6416 Main Street — The Healing Centre
- 1745 Nanaimo Street — The Herb Co.
- 1605 Renfrew Street — Urban Earth Med Society