Decibel Cannabis Company: Defining the Ultimate Expression of Cannabis
CALGARY, March 2, 2020,/CNW/ – Westleaf Inc. (the “Company” or “Decibel Cannabis Company Inc.”) (TSX-V: WL) (OTCQB: WSLFF) announces today that following the filing of Articles of Amendment with the Alberta Corporate Registry on March 1, 2020, the Company is now named and will be operating as Decibel Cannabis Company Inc (“Decibel“). The comprehensive rebrand marks a new chapter in the evolution of the organization and brings together the Westleaf and We Grow businesses under one name, shared vision, and a visual brand identity that reflects our mission to define the ultimate expression of cannabis.
The common shares of the Company are anticipated to commence trading under its new name on the TSX Venture Exchange (“TSXV“) under the ticker symbol DB within two business days following the issuance of a bulletin by the TSXV (with its ticker changing on the OTCQB once final regulatory approvals are received). The Decibel rebrand will be reflected on the Company’s new website at www.decibelcc.com.
“Decibel is a culmination of two companies committed to creating quality products and experiences beyond the ordinary. This rebrand reflects our ongoing dedication to craftsmanship, precision and fiscal discipline to deliver profitability in the cannabis industry“, said Benjamin Sze, President, and CEO of Decibel. “Our team is focused on raising the bar in every facet of the organization, as proven today with the launch of our rebrand, which was conceptualized, developed and executed entirely by our talented employees internally.”
The Decibel Business
- The core focus on premium cannabis and introducing rare cultivars to the market.
- Three production houses that deliver craftsmanship and master the fundamentals of cannabis production:
- Qwest Estate in Creston, BC – Produces premium flower that yields among the highest realized prices per gram in the industry, under Qwest, Qwest Reserve and the recently announced Blendcraft by Qwest brands (collectively “Qwest House Brands“).
- Thunderchild Cultivation in Battleford, SK – Expected to complete Phase 1 construction in April 2020 and once fully operational, is expected to produce up to 7300kg of premium flower under Qwest House Brands.
- The Plant Manufacturing Facility in Calgary, AB – Currently holds a Health Canada processing license, and upon receipt of a sales license, will expand Qwest House Brands’ offerings into Cannabis 2.0 derivative products.
- Prairie Records Retail – A differentiated and immersive retail experience that allows Decibel to creatively execute and market its brands. Prairie Records gives Decibel direct access to consumers improving brand recognition and understanding of consumer trends and preferences.
About Decibel Cannabis Company
Decibel is uncompromising in the process and craftsmanship needed to deliver the highest quality cannabis products and retail experiences. Decibel has three production houses operating or under development along with its wholly-owned retail business, Prairie Records. The Qwest Estate in Creston, BC is a licensed and operating 26,000 square foot cultivation space that produces the widely championed, rare cultivar-focused brands Qwest and Qwest Reserve, which are sold in five provinces across Canada. Thunderchild Cultivation, an 80,000 square foot indoor cultivation facility in Battleford, SK is scheduled to be completed and licensed in 2020. The Plant, Decibel’s extraction facility, in Calgary, AB has 15,000 square feet of Health Canada licensed extraction and product development space. This production house will fuel the growth of our brands Qwest, Qwest Reserve, and Blendcraft by Qwest, into new and innovative product formats like concentrates, vapes, edibles and beyond.
SOURCE Decibel Cannabis Company Inc.