Bob Marley once said, “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” For many people, those words express the truest feelings in their hearts, especially within the cannabis community. The music we love is the soundtrack to our lives. Whether we like it or not, we can connect with a song and bind it to a moment in time. Music makes you want to do things and with the right tunes, you can hack your behavior… You can also influence the vibe of the room and sometimes the people around you.
For example, whenever my younger sister hears the song, “The Safety Dance” by Men Without Hats, she starts jonesing to smoke some weed. It’s a solid fact about her and I’ve been able to rely on it since high school. When we were younger, “The Safety Dance” was the signal during long family dinners; our parents thought we loved that song. The truth is that we both think it’s stupid, but it makes us feel silly when we smoke pot.
If you are a cannabis enthusiast, chances are you have a favorite pot-smoking song; I’m talking about a song that made you crave some dank chronic or took your high up to the next level. When I first started using cannabis, my favorite song to smoke weed to was “Smoking Buddha” by Krazie Bone. These days, depending on my mood, I go for classic rock or gangster rap.
Time to get baked, tune out and escape from your day with a weed game. To win the game, you’ll have to name songs sung by famous potheads and classic tracks with a cannabis theme. Roll up a doobie and crank up the volume… this one is a stoner music crossword puzzle.
1. Rollin down the street smokin BLANK sippin on gin and juice, laid back. With my mind on my money and my money on my mind.
2. This classic stoner movie has a legendary soundtrack. In BLANK, Rapper Ice Cube lost his job and smoked weed with Chris Tucker.
3. BLANK shocked onlookers when he punched a fan that approached him onstage. Maybe he did it because he got high?
4. I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight BLANK
5. Pick it, pack it Fire it up, come along And take a hit from the BLANK.
6. Purple BLANK, all in my brain. Lately things they don't seem the same. Actin' funny, but I don't know why. Excuse me while I kiss the sky
7. A funky timeless classic, future generations will smoke weed to Mary Jane by Rick BLANK.
8. When BLANK released Smoke two joints, the stoner bar was set and we all tried to keep up.
What about you? What is your favorite song to listen to when you’re smoking pot? Help turn the comments section into an epic list of stoner music. Please add your answer below or on our social media!