In the modern world, pharmaceutical drugs are the go-to for most people. However, the current trends are turning away and more are looking to get back to their roots…literally. If a zombie epidemic happened today and shut down the world as we know It, how do you think you would fare? Do you know which herbs would help you if you had a medical need? Plants have power and you never know when that knowledge is going to come in handy. Test yourself with this therapeutic herbs crossword puzzle. The answers and more details are listed down below.
Therapeutic Herb Crossword Puzzle
Herbs to help a physical injury
If you sustain a physical injury, herbal medicine can speed up your healing time. If you find yourself in this situation, comfrey, arnica, and ginger are three herbs you want close at hand.
- Back in the day, comfrey was often referred to as bone-knit because it can help heal bone fractures.
- Arnica can help reduce the time it takes for a bruise to heal.
- Willow tree bark contains the compound salicin and it works in a similar way to Aspirin. It has been used as a blood thinner since the time of ancient Rome.
- Ginger is known for helping stomach issues but it also has many other therapeutic properties; it’s an excellent treatment for inflammation and can be used topically for sore muscles.
Plant medicine is a lot more effective than it seems. In fact, some herbs are so powerful that they can dramatically interact with pharmaceuticals. Others can be addicting.
- When ingested orally, St. John’s Wort acts as an SSRI and can be used to treat depression.
- Valerian root is so relaxing to the system, it’s often used to induce sleep. However, it should not be taken for more than six weeks at a time because it can be addicting. For most people, valerian root will not cause dependency but some report withdrawal symptoms.
By the way… The answer to the first question is echinacea and it’s a powerful immune system booster!