Harvest time is fast approaching! Those with outdoor cannabis crops are getting ready to reap what they’ve sown. It’s a nice idea, smoking your own homegrown. Who wouldn’t want to save their money by growing their own weed? For some, this isn’t an option, especially when you share your space. However, there are many that have the right setup to grow their weed outside. It begs the question, why don’t more people do it? The likely answer is lack of confidence, which is both unfortunate and misguided. Growing good cannabis outdoors takes initiative, effort, and common sense, not rocket science. There’s a reason why they call the plant weed and you might be surprised to find out how much you know about growing it. Some say you’ll never know unless you try but others believe you can get an idea.
There is one way that you can test your knowledge, an outdoor cannabis crossword. Take a couple of minutes and see what you know about growing plants. Stuck on a question? You’ll find a few helpful hints beneath the puzzle.
1. To be successful growing cannabis, you have to use a good, rich BLANK mixture.
2. It is important to be aware of airflow. If the conditions are too damp, your plants will likely grow BLANK.
3. For organic, chemical free pest control, and a great deal on freerange eggs, use ducks and BLANKS.
4. Soil functions as a storehouse for nutrients and BLANK.
5. Good soil filters the BLANK and water that reaches the plant.
6. Most people plant their outdoor cannabis in the spring. This is due to weather and BLANK.
7. Before planting your BLANKS or clones, put cedar wood chips down for insulation and soil structure.
8. Generally, outdoor cannabis plants are harvested in the BLANK season.
Hint #1 to solve the outdoor cannabis crossword
Soil is defined as a mixture of organic matter, minerals, gases, liquids, and organisms that together support life. For a growing plant, it means the world. More than just dirt, your soil functions as a:
Support system for the roots and sprouts
Water and air filter
Storehouse for nutrients and water
Protector from the weather and temperature
Hint #2 to guide you
Put cedar wood chips on top of the soil before planting the sprouts. This helps support the first inch of the sprout while insulating the soil. Block wind and control airflow by planting complementary flora nearby.
Hint #3 to easily solve the puzzle
Muscovy ducks and chickens love to eat slugs and will dig through your garden to find them. Plus, Insects and slugs are a big part of a chicken’s natural diet thus, your poultry is living its best life. Plus, you get the organic, chemical-free pest control and a great deal on free-range eggs.
For more information on growing outdoor cannabis year-round, click here. If you would like to learn more about soil techniques, click here to read an article about the pathway soil bank technique.
For sharing his knowledge and expertise on growing cannabis outdoors, the creator of this crossword puzzle would like to thank Howie Jones from Food Forest Permaculture.