Fire up a joint and get ready for a random animal fact crossword because those earthly creatures are super weird… especially their genitals; some of them have some pretty strange junk going on downstairs. Get ready to learn all about it! The answers for each question are located at the bottom of the crossword and some have got more information. It’s time to roll up a doobie and trip out on some critters – bonus points if you’re smoking animal cookies.
1. A BLANK can swim a mile with only one breath.
2. A BLANK has a spiralshaped, corkscrewlike penis.
3. In Australia, it's not uncommon to find a BLANK bear that has Chlamydia. In some places, the infection rate can be as high as 90 percent.
4. BLANKS domesticated themselves. Plural
5. In Ancient BLANK, cats were revered and thought to be guardians of the underworld.
6. In almost all female birds, only the left BLANK is functional.
7. A BLANK has three vaginas.
8. Most animals only feel the urge to have sex for reproductive purposes. However, BLANKS are different and have been observed having sex for pleasure. Plural
9. Domesticated BLANKS are sprinters and can run up to 17km per hour. Wild ones are even faster. Plural
10. Dolphins are known for getting high off of BLANK toxins.
The answers and some strange animal facts
Duck – Male ducks have a spiral shaped penis that twists in a counter clockwise direction and this is so that its sperm will target the left ovary. Interestingly, it has been observed that in almost all birds, only the left ovary is functional. For more information on the fascinating subject of bird genitalia and other animal facts, click here.
Koala – Koala bears are ripe with Chlamydia… That may be an outrageous statement but it is absolutely accurate animal fact. In some parts of the country, the infection rate is as high as ninety percent. Koala bears spread the disease in two ways, through sexual transmission and nursing. An infected mother can pass it on to her joey during breastfeeding. In order to help the declining population, the Austrailian government is working on a vaccine. In addition, any infected bears are captured, treated and released.
Egypt – Cats were revered as guardians of the underworld and were treated with sacred respect. In hindsight, this might have had something to do with pest control. Scavenging rodents were a constant threat to any crops being grown or stored; reducing the pest population would directly impact on the spread of disease.
Ovary – For more information on this topic, click on the link in answer to question 2.
Kangaroo – See picture below.
Pigs – Domesticated pigs are sprinters and can run up to 17km per hour. Wild ones are even faster and have been clocked at speeds of up to 50km per hour. Interestingly, pigs as a species do not like to run in straight lines, they zig zag.
Pufferfish – Dolphins are known for getting high off of pufferfish toxins.